· The Rams fell to the Broncos, 26-27, in the third preseason contest of 2013.
· Tonight’s game marked the ninth preseason meeting between the Rams and Broncos with Denver now holding a 7-2 advantage in the series.
· QB Sam Bradford saw action through the first half. He completed 9-of-16 passes for 110 yards for a passer rating of 98.4
· At backup quarterback, Austin Davis completed five-of-nine passes for 40 yards. Kellen Clemens delivered a 1-yard touchdown reception to TE Zach Potter. Tim Jenkins saw his first NFL action and completed his only throw for a 7-yard gain.
· The Rams saw significant production from their first three draft picks tonight.
· No. 8 overall selection WR Tavon Austin caught a 12-yard pass from Bradford and returned two punts for 104 yards, including an 81-yard long return.
· No. 30 overall selection LB Alec Ogletree combined with CB Cortland Finnegan to take down Denver RB Ronnie Hillman. Ogletree stripped the ball and ran in the end zone for a 13-yard touchdown. The play marks the Rams’ first defensive score of the preseason. Ogletree ended the night after the second half with six tackles (four solo), according to press box statistics.
· No. 71 overall selection TJ McDonald partially blocked a 34-yard field goal attempt by Matt Prater, to keep the score even at 7-7 going into the second quarter. McDonald played through the first half and registered three solo tackles, according to press box statistics.
· Austin’s return helped set-up the first score of the night for the Rams. On the next play, Bradford connected with TE Jared Cook for a 3-yard touchdown. Marks Bradford’s second touchdown this preseason and Cook’s first.
· At running back, Isaiah Pead led the group with five attempts for 22 yards. RBs Daryl Richardson, Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham combined for 11 rushes for 26 yards.
· LB James Laurinaitis led the team in tackles with eight (seven solo), according to press box statistics.
· In the first half, the Broncos had six offensive drives and the Rams’ defense forced them to punt two times, intercepted once, and blocked a field. The Broncos did have two scores, one touchdown and a field goal. · The Rams’ defense limited the Broncos’ rushing attack to 56 yards on 15 attempts in the first half.
· Rookie LB Ray Ray Armstrong tallied the first sack of the game for a 10-yard loss on Denver backup QB Brock Osweiler.
· K Greg Zuerlein converted a 35-yard field goal to give the Rams the lead 10-7 in the second quarter. Zuerlein added 23 yards on his next kick, which went for 58-yards to close out the first half.