Tomorrow, Thursday, August 29 the St. Louis Rams will take on the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens at the Edward Jones Dome with kickoff at 7 p.m. Below are highlights and details surrounding the game.
Kids Eat Free
All kids, 14 and under, who attend the St. Louis Rams vs. Baltimore Ravens game will receive a voucher at the gates for a free hot dog, kids-sized popcorn and kids-sized Dr Pepper product.
New 2013 Bag Policy
To provide a safer environment for the public and expedite fan entry into stadiums, the National Football League has implemented a new league-wide bag policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into all NFL stadiums, including the Edward Jones Dome. While the NFL strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, outlined below are the bags or packages that are permissible:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5.”
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Attached is a .jpg of the new 2013 NFL bag policy illustrating approved and non-approved bags. The Rams provided all season ticket holders with complimentary approved bags. Additional approved bags may be purchased at www.nflshop.com/allclear or at the team store on game days.
For additional information regarding the NFL bag policy and prohibited items, please visit www.nfl.com/allclear or www.stlouisrams.com/edward-jones-dome/game-day-info.html.
Portion of Broadway to Close
Also for public safety purposes, Broadway between Cole Street and Convention Plaza will be closed two hours and 30 minutes prior to all Rams games and one hour after the conclusion of the game. Please note: the process to begin closing the Broadway exits off I-70 Eastbound will begin upwards to three hours and 30 minutes prior to game time to ensure that the Broadway exits are closed by two hours and 45 minutes prior to kickoff. I-70 Eastbound traffic headed downtown will exit at Pine.
Drop-off along Broadway for guests with disabilities will be available by exiting at Pine and then making a right turn on 4th Street. Fans will proceed to Biddle and turn left, continue to Broadway and turn left and continue to the intersection of Broadway and Cole where security personnel will be available to assist.
The portion of Broadway being closed is in addition to the closures that normally occur four hours prior to game time around the perimeter of the Edward Jones Dome on Cole Street and Convention Plaza.
St. Louis Rams and NFL Celebrate USA Football Month
The St. Louis Rams will join the NFL in continuing to recognize USA Football Month throughout the NFL preseason. As part of USA Football month, the NFL and the St. Louis Rams will recognize Heads Up Football, a nationwide program launched by USA Football in April with a $1.5 million grant from the NFL Foundation.
This year’s USA Football Month campaign continues as it reaches fans during nationally televised preseason games, through in-stadium banners and field stencils, online at www.stlouisrams.com and features the following:
- Youth football exhibitions during pregame and halftime of the Rams vs. Ravens game
- Heads Up Football helmet stickers worn by NFL players and youth players in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- Heads Up Football-branded on-field stencils and end zone banners in NFL stadiums
- NFL teams donating approximately 150,000 preseason game tickets to players in Heads Up Football leagues
- USA Football messages promoting better and safer play during preseason telecasts
- USA Football-branded in-stadium scoreboard video messages